“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children.” -Duet. 6:4-7a
In keeping with our foundational commitment of in loco parentis, we see to assist parents in the task of educating their children in the Lord. At Providence we believe God has granted to parents the responsibility and authority for raising their children, including the responsibility of educating them. Therefore, we seek to assist parents in this God-given responsibility. Providence purposes to be an extension of the home, serving the parents.
We are committed to fostering a supportive community of like-minded families, who, with our faculty and staff, encourage one another in their calling to bring up their children “in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.”
One of the ways that we ensure that each family is actively involved in their child’s education is through parent service hours. We ask each family to complete 8-hours of service for our school bi-weekly. As our school grows, we anticipate making this a monthly or bi-monthly requirement. However, there are many aspects to starting a school and as a “trailblazer” family (first year family), we ask that you invest in the long-term sustainability of Providence for future families in addition to your own child’s education. Therefore, each family (not student) should have one or more people complete a total of 8-hours of community service for our school.* This can include, but is not limited to:
- Provide on-site childcare for teacher’s children 12 weeks – 3 years from 7:45am – 3:15pm;
- Provide after hours setup and tear down;
- Be a volunteer substitute teacher;
- Offer your expertise in public relations, marketing, fundraising, development, organizing, etc.
- Offer your gifts of fine arts, music, drama, or PE;
- Volunteer as an educational specialist, helping children with special needs;
- Be a teacher’s aid;
- Upkeep of our facility (i.e. landscaping, cleaning, decorating, custodial, etc.);
- Advocate for Providence within our community.
- Be a classroom parent, such as:
- Classroom Mom
- Photography Mom
- Event Coordinator
- Wellness Mom
- Field Trip Coordinator
- Yearbook Mom
- Share your experiences, trips, or knowledge as they may relate to an area of study.
*We believe that every God has gifted all of His children with unique talents to be of service to His Kingdom. Should you find yourself unable to serve Providence School of Tifton in one of these capacities, please contact our office. We want to partner with you and are delighted to join together in changing our children, school, community, country, and world for the glory of God.